A. “NPI” is information that is not personally identifiable and that is obtained through your use of the Site with a web browser or the Service.
B. “PII” is non-public information that is personally identifiable and obtained in connection with providing a product or service to you. It may include information such as name and address that you provide to WebKite.
2. Information Collected
When you enter the Site, WebKite collects NPI such as your browser type and IP address. Likewise, in order to offer you meaningful products and services and for other reasons, WebKite may collect PII about you from the following sources:
- Information you give WebKite on applications or other forms on the Site; or
- Information you send WebKite via any medium, including, but not limited to email, telephone, and social media interaction; or
- If you use a mobile device platform to access the Services or communicate with WebKite, information transmitted from your mobile device; or
- Information purchased from third parties.
In order to use the Service, you must provide WebKite the following information to create an account: name, email address, company name and address and phone number.
Using Third Party Services and Visiting Third Party Sites
Log files, IP Addresses and information about your computer and mobile device
Due to the communications standards on the internet, when you visit the Site WebKite automatically receives the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave WebKite’s Site. WebKite also receives the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your computer (or the proxy server you use to access the World Wide Web), your computer operating system and type of web browser you are using, email patterns, your mobile device (including your UDID) and mobile operating system (if you are accessing the Site using a mobile device), as well as the name of your ISP or your mobile carrier. WebKite may also receive location data passed to it from third-party services or GPS-enabled devices that you have enabled. Also, as described above, WebKite receives information when you access third-party web pages through the Service. The link between your IP address and your PII is not shared with third parties without your permission, except as described in Section 8. (“When WebKite May Disclose your Information”), below.
4. Use of PII
WebKite uses and/or intends to use Personal Information to:
- Operate and improve the Site;
- Provide you with the Service and other products and services that you may request or that you have expressed interest in;
- Facilitate subscription processing, reviews and analysis;
- Evaluate your interest and needs in order to improve the Service and make available other offers, products or services;
- Evaluate the types of offers, products or services WebKite makes available to you and potential customers;
- Track use of the Services;
- Provide customer support;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you through email or other means, such as special offers, announcements, and marketing materials;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages, service bulletins, or marketing;
- Provide advertisements to you through email messages; and
5. Links/Postings to Other Sites
The Site may contain links to other websites. WebKite is not responsible for the actions, practices, or content of such websites linked to or from the Site. You understand that such websites may have their own legal documents to which you must agree to prior to using and that WebKite has no control over these legal documents. As always, you understand that it is your responsibility to verify your legal use of a website as well as use of information from the website with the corresponding website owner
6. Use of Aggregate Data
WebKite may combine NPI you provide through the Site with information from other users to create aggregate data that may be disclosed to third parties. Aggregate information does not contain any information that could be used to identify you and does not include your personal contact information.
7. When WebKite May Disclose your Information
Except as set forth below or as specifically agreed to by you, WebKite will not disclose any PII as gathered from you on the Site.
B. WebKite may share PII WebKite collects, as permitted by law, to companies such as credit reporting agencies, or servicing and processing companies, or when required or advised to do so in response to a valid legal requirement to release this information such as a state or federal law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order; or (2) in special cases, such as in response to a physical threat to you or others, to protect property, or defend or assert legal rights, to defend ourselves in litigation. In the event that WebKite is legally compelled to disclose your PII to a third party, WebKite will attempt to notify you unless doing so would violate the law or court order.
C. If you prefer that WebKite does not share certain information with its contractors and service providers, as described above, you can direct WebKite not to share that information by contacting WebKite (email@example.com). Please note that an opt-out with respect to information sharing will not apply to information sharing arrangements described in Sections 7. A or B.
8. Security Policy & User ID/Password
The Site utilizes various information security measures such as internet firewalls, an intrusion detection system, encrypted data transmission, and operating procedures to protect your personal data, accounts, passwords, etc. This information is kept completely separate and confidential, unless you have given someone-else your user ID and password. As such, you should protect your user ID and password and NOT share it with anyone. If you believe your user ID and password have been compromised and you have trouble changing your user ID/password on the Site or within the application, please contact WebKite’s technical support department (firstname.lastname@example.org).
9. CAN-SPAM Compliance Notice
WebKite and its affiliates fully comply with the federal CAN-SPAM Act. You can always opt out of receipt of further email correspondence from WebKite.
10. Transfer of Ownership
11. Notice to Residents of Countries outside of the United States of America
12. California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of PII that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of PII that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by WebKite pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact WebKite via email to email@example.com.
Should you have a privacy question about the Site, please email WebKite’s customer service department (firstname.lastname@example.org).