WebKite Features List
- WebKite Features List
- Patent-pending decision tools allow users to sort results based on a single fact – or multiple facts.
- As items are added, edited, and as preferences change, every WebKite list automatically stays up-to-date, so your recommendations never go stale!
- When users save lists, they create unique, SEO-optimized list—growing your content along with your understanding of your users.
- As you and your users create lists, results are updated based on this increased understanding.
- Lists describe items in terms of what’s most important to the list maker. These unique expressions improve search indexing while also speaking to the user’s preferences.
- When a user says that speed is important to them in the decision tools, the entire site updates to speak to that user, describing items in terms of what’s important to them.
- Results can be filtered based on any fact—or set of facts – within your data.
- Rich comparisons allow users to compare up to three items. WebKite presents the most important facts first, and clearly identifies which item is superior.
- Comparisons introduce and give color to dense product data and point out the most important differences between results.
- Display of facts includes a “pie chart” graphic which communicates the relative performance of each attribute, teaching users about the range of options available.
- Smart suggestions understand product data and user preferences to help users to find the right items to compare.
- An item-only search tool within the comparison page allows users to quickly find and add items to compare so they can test your tool against their favorites.
- WebKite’s onText technology creates dynamic, intelligent, and contextual item and list descriptions which highlights the most important item features—a result of rigorous testing.
- Content created by users is automatically tailored to meet specific keyword searches; a user creating a list for the best cars for the snow is automatically tagged, named, and merged with all other lists.
- Zero duplicate content on your WebKite site ensures that your site ranks well in search engine result pages.
- Lists, items, and comparisons are optimized to appeal to frequent long-tail searches. A site with 1,000 items and 10 user-saved lists creates over half a million unique pages.
- The pages most likely to be of interest are promoted to prominence for Google to index.
- XML Sitemaps are automatically generated, helping search engines find your best content.
- When new lists are published, items which perform best on those lists automatically link to those lists—and those lists link to those items. This rich link network stays up-to-date and helps search engines discover and understand your content.
- Unique page titles express page contents without duplication which helps search engines find your WebKite site.
- Similar pages automatically suggest a single canonical version, protecting your site from Google’s Penguin and Panda updates.
- Links between items, lists, and comparisons all generated based on site usage, creating sensible links which reflect user intent and enable smart site indexing.
- Heading and other tags are used to identify page content and re-enforce keyword relevance.
- WebKite sites are protected from spam, cracking, and other activities which lead to penalties in Google.
- Every WebKite site is equipped with top-notch CSS and HTML-compliant templates—all frame and flash-free for best indexing.
- Advanced slug editing allows you to target specific keywords.
- Site feeds create a conversation on your site, pointing out users when they join, their contributions, and their comments.
- Users are able to identify and highlight the reviews that are most-important to them.
- Created users automatically receive confirmation of their registration.
- Users are able to establish their credibility by creating custom bios.
- User pages automatically build user history, displaying and linking to their contributions.
- User blacklist is available to block malicious users.
- User votes are tracked by name and IP so you can identify and understand your users.
- User reviews are up-voted and down-voted by the community, ensuring that creators are lauded for creating great content and that the best reviews role-model what reviews on your site look like.
User Generated Content
- Users generate new content by adding new items, creating lists, and correcting data.
- Item contributors are highlighted within item information and lists.
- Showcase recent actions with recent activity feeds throughout the site.
- Built-in wikis allow users and brand-owners to communicate key benefits and non-factual information around items.
- User pages allow users to upload images or connect to popular avatar-sharing site.
- Users can mark data as wrong, correct it, and suggest new data sources.
- Rateable facets capture use-specific user impressions and direct user comments. One-click ratings means even browsers can contribute to your Kite. Resulting ratings can be used in user decision-making and comparison tools.
- Users can complement data and provide new insights by reviewing items.
- Colors, layouts, logos, and themes can all be customized to match your brand and work with your site.
- Not a “top 10” site? Don’t cover products? WebKite can create sites that rank items, sort people, or present concepts. If it can be explained using facts, adjectives, and superlatives, WebKite can make it easy to navigate and explore.
- All of the algorithms used to sort items can be visualized and edited. Want to show the cheapest ones? No problem. Want to show the expensive ones—but only when they’re worth it? We can do that too. Edit the algorithm through our simple slider-based interface.
- Feeling clever? WebKite default text can be customized to carry your voice, your tone, and your insights. That way, even when you haven’t gotten to a review yet, you can tell visitors what’s important about its specifications and how it compares to the items you have reviewed.
- Facts can be displayed on item pages but not be available to the decision tools or be baked into the decision tools but not displayed on item pages. It’s your site: present only what’s most important to your users.
- Off-site widgets let you integrate data from your Kite into your existing site.
- Integrated spaces on site let you put any html content on lists and items to link to other sites on the web – or your existing site.
- Form creation allows any form to be created in any space. Inputs are automatically emailed and users can attach files.
- The lists and defaults that users see when they look at your site are completely under your control—or you can allow users to add their opinions and automatically learn what’s the best for your visitors.