Full-Time Ruby Developer
Company Description: WebKite is an advertising technology company that helps businesses across the country market their inventories online. Profitable and growing startup looking to hire additional development talent to build past our MVP. Our customers have told us that we’re the “best marketing dollar they’re spending,” but we’re even more excited about what we’ll be building next. Our software intelligently deploys ads on Google, Facebook, Bing and other exchanges. If you want to be part of a successful and growing startup in Pittsburgh, let’s chat.
Job Description: Working with our lead developer to improve the user experience and machine learning implementation of our inventory advertising platform. Releasing and maintaining production servers. Primarily written in Ruby, our app stack consists of four major components: 1. A web-based front end. 2. A scraping application that grabs data from the websites and imports it in to our system. 3. A background application that transforms our data into a variety of online advertising streams. 4. An export component that automatically publishes ads in Google, Facebook, and other APIs. You will be expected to work on all four components at various times. Salary, benefits and equity participation are available.
Requirements/Qualifications: Strong candidates would have the following:
- 2-3 years active development with Ruby, Python and/or Ruby on Rails
- Experience working with APIs
- Experience with web frameworks such as Rails, Sinatra, Django, etc
- Familiarity with front-end technologies (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Some dev ops experience, such as releasing and maintaining production servers
- Experience with advertising exchanges (Google, Facebook, Bing, etc) a plus
- Have an interest in startups, digital marketing, and a casual work environment
- Interest or experience in machine learning a plus
Resumes can be sent to Jobs@WebKite.com